While searching online for a way to live and work abroad, have you come across the buzz word TEFL? What is TEFL and What is TEFL certification?
How do you get TEFL certified? In just 4-weeks you can become TEFL certified and start teaching English abroad. With the TEFL Worldwide Prague certificate, the world is yours. You’ll receive top quality TEFL training and have plenty of hands-on teaching practice in a classroom with real students during this TEFL course. In addition, we are here to help you find a job in the location of your choice.
- Start your research online by finding reputable TEFL course providers in the country you are interested in taking the course in. This does not have to be the same country you are thinking of teaching in as long as the TEFL course offers quality job guidance worldwide.
- What’s a reputable course, you might ask? You need to make sure the course meets the following standards:
- Is accredited by a recognized institution
- Is at least a 100 hour onsite TEFL course
- Has at least 6 hours of teaching practice observed by a trainer
- Provides job guidance worldwide
- Has been in business for at least 10 years. You want to be sure you are going with an experienced school.
- Check their reviews on multiple websites to see what their graduates are saying about the program and job guidance.
- The TEFL course should be an on-site course, not online. A quality course is done in a classroom setting.
- Have their graduates gone on to teach in multiple countries? There should be a network of alumni teaching all around the world. It’s not much help if the school can only help you find a job in one country.
- Prepare a list of questions and concerns and email it to the school. You might also want to schedule a video call to clarify any necessary information.
- Make a pros and cons list of a few courses that you find yourself zeroing in on and rate them in these categories until you decide on the best TEFL course.
- Make a budget for what you’ll need to get started. This can include:
- TEFL course tuition
- TEFL housing during the course
- Food, transportation and entertainment during the course
- After the course, money for a rental security deposit (typically one month’s rent), first month’s rent, and possibly money for paying a real estate agency to help. (Remember, you may not get a pay check right away so it’s good to plan ahead for 2 months of expenses)
- Any expenses for obtaining a visa
- Airfare or transportation in case you are planning to teach in another country
- Book your airfare. Try www.cheapoair.com, www.cheapflights.com www.kiwi.com, www.secretflying.com and many others.
- Purchase your Traveler’s insurance. You can do that for a very reasonable price at: www.imglobal.com, www.globaltravelplus.com, www.travelguard.com, www.allianztravelinsurance.com and many other companies online.
- Narrow down the countries you are most interested in teaching English in so that you can start receiving job guidance during the course.
- Take off and start your adventure teaching English abroad! You can apply now for the TEFL Worldwide Prague course, (Rated best TEFL course provider worldwide in 2018 and 2019) here: https://teflworldwideprague.com/apply-now/
- Email email@example.com with any questions. We are happy to help!