Community and Support
We are here to support you before, during and after the course
Here at TEFL Worldwide we know the challenges of moving to a new country and/or starting a new career. Our staff have gone through it themselves. Our dedicated staff are here to help you every step of the way.
"Right after the TEFL course I was offered a job. I now teach in companies, prepare young students for the school leaving exams and teach some private students as well."
''You see yourself increasing in confidence and skills and becoming a teacher, under the expert guidance of the highly skilled, knowledgeable and approachable trainers.''
We are here to help you get settled in Prague
During the TEFL Course
We know that it can be tricky to arrange accommodation when you are not physically in the country, that is why we offer accommodation for the duration of the course. Accommodation is for 37 days; check-in is the Thursday before the course starts and check-out the Wednesday after the course finishes. Just let us know on the application form that you require accommodation and your preferred type. More details here.
|Shared room with shared bathroom
||650 USD *|
|Private room with en suite
||1300 USD *|
* A 500 USD security deposit per room is also required. The shared room means you will share the bedroom with someone else on the course..
Accommodation after Your TEFL Course
Most people initial use our short term accommodation for the month of the course. If they plan to stay in Prague after the course they will then look for long-term accommodation once they are here in Prague. Often, people will meet with others on the course with whom they will then arrange a flat share.
We are here to help you find long-term accommodation in Prague. We will give you information during the course and are here to answer questions and help you with anything you are unsure about. We can help with the search, translations, and if needed, we can go to the viewing with you as well. For more detailed information about finding accommodation in Prague and the options available, please click the accommodation guide link below.
Do I need a visa to enter and work in the Czech Republic?
If you are from the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada or the EU, you can enter the Czech Republic as a tourist without a visa in order to do the course. If you are from a country other than listed above, please check here to see if you require a visa to enter the Czech Republic.
If you would like to stay in the Czech Republic and work after the course, and you are not an EU citizen, you will need to apply for a work visa. We can provide you will information and help you with obtaining a trade license and/or visa to work in the Czech Republic. We work closely with a visa agency here who can help you with the whole process, and we will set up a meeting with them on the first day of the course.
For more details on working in and entering the Czech Republic, read the blog post to the right. If you are unsure whether or not you need a visa, or have any questions, please get in touch with us here.
Lifetime Job Support & Job Guarantee
We are dedicated to helping you find a teaching job after the course
During and after the course, the staff at TEFL Worldwide Prague will provide you with information on current job openings in numerous countries, contacts for language schools, and tips for finding jobs all around the world. There are teaching opportunities throughout the globe and you can start exploring your options with us.
We’ll also assist you with creating a CV and cover-letter then prepare you for job interviews. We have many job-search resources in which you’ll be able to find information such as salaries, benefits, and cost of living information in different countries.
If you are interested in teaching internationally, we have more than 3,500 graduates who have taught in 60+ countries worldwide!
As we are part of a large language school in Prague, many of our graduates get job offers with the school straight after the course. If you don’t get offered a position with our school, we are confident you will quickly find work elsewhere after the course. We offer a job guarantee in Prague to everyone completing our TEFL course. Read more about the job guarantee here.
How to prepare for a TEFL course?
Here are some steps you can take to help you prepare for your TEFL course.
You won't be alone in Prague. Join the TEFL Worldwide community and make friends for life.
During and after the course you will have opportunities to socialize with not only the other trainees on the course but also the trainers, past graduates of the course and teachers from our school.
We organize meet-ups on Fridays during the course . This will give you the opportunity to get to know the other people on the course in an informal setting as well as some of the trainers and past graduates.
At the end of the course there is a graduation party where you will also be able to meet some of our alumni and, after the course, we regularly organize meet ups for alumni.
Connect with us on social media
Find out more about the course and see what’s happening at the moment.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Traveller’s insurance (mandatory by EU law). You’ll need to be insured up to 30,000 Euros in case of an accident or illness while abroad. Buy the insurance for a month or two. Then depending on whether or not your employer offers insurance benefits, you can always extend the insurance.
- Debit/Credit Cards. Be sure to check with your bank to let them know you’ll be in Europe so they can lift any international blocks. Also be sure to find out and adjust your daily or weekly withdraw limit. If you opt for TEFL Housing, the fee needs to be paid in cash upon arrival, so you must be able to withdraw that or have the amount with when you arrive.
- Some smart clothes for interviewing. The dress code for teaching ranges from casual to business casual.
- A voltage converter, if you plan to bring any electrical appliances from North America, you will need a converter.
- Bath Towels, toiletries etc..
- Snacks, a drink, etc.., especially if you are arriving at night when the stores are closed. Tap water is drinkable.
- Depending on your nationality and the country you want to teach in (specifically Asian countries such as South Korea, Taiwan, China, Japan and Vietnam) you may need:
- National level criminal background check (notarised, apostiled, and authenticated)
- University diploma (notarised, apostiled, and authenticated)
- TEFL certificate (notarised, apostiled, and authenticated)
The process for authentication varies from country to country. Employers or agencies usually supply the details.
- If you would like to teach in the Czech Republic you will need a letter from your bank, or a bank statement, stating that you have at least 110,000 CZK in your bank account. You will receive more information on that from us, via email when you reserve.
- Copy of your Passport. (This is good to have in case your passport gets lost or stolen. You may need it for a new passport.)
- We recommend that you bring a laptop if you have one. Although not essential for the course, it will make your life easier.
- A passport with at least 6 months validity left in order to enter the EU.
- If you plan to teach English in the Czech Republic, your passport must be valid for at least 9 months when you go to apply for the Visa (which can be several weeks after the course) and issued within the last 10 years. It must contain at least two blank consecutive pages. This is most likely the case for most countries and Visa applications.
- Feel free to email us for complete details regarding the Czech Visa process and requirements.
Accommodation is not included in the course fee. However, we can help you arrange accommodation for the duration of the course.
If you wish to stay in Prague after the course we can help you find more long term accommodation after the course.
You can find more information about accommodation here.
I’d be surprised if you weren’t a little scared, but don’t linger on that feeling. Remember, most of us here at TEFL Worldwide Prague have gone through this experience, which helps us understand your fears and empathise. Given that your accommodation will be sorted and the first month of your stay in the country is pre-planned with an intensive TEFL course, all you have to do is get here. You will definitely not go through this experience alone, our staff and your classmates will be there to help you settle in and before you know it, you’ll call Prague your home. The vast majority of our graduates have made life-long friendship with their fellow trainees and our alumni. Friendships are made when you meet like-minded people and this course is a place just for that. You’ll meet people like yourself, ambitious and interesting, people who are looking for an adventure and to start a new career teaching English abroad. My advice to you is to come here with a sense of adventure and an open mind. You could also reach out to past graduates, whom you can find on any of our social media profiles, to ask for their advice and to make your first friends. After all, stepping out of your comfort zone is what makes interesting things happen.